Friday, September 2, 2011

Manila, Manila, oh my Manila…

Come mid-September, I’ll be going to Manila for my professional board exam… apparently it will be one of those life changing moments – do or die. But this isn’t what I wanna blog about. I haven’t been to Manila in years, and honestly, if I had a choice, I wouldn’t  go there.

Manila is dirty. Dirty is the best word to describe the place and honestly, im not too keen on that. So destination-wise, it is a bust.

The only upside to this is that I get to travel to and from that cesspool of a city.

So drama now is how; how to get there and have fun – satisfy the wanderlust which so far hasn’t been given into.

The first thought would be the hour long trip via the skies. Which for a guy like me is BOREDOM made real, which thusly would be my last choice ever.

There is also option B – a boat ride on Super Ferry. Just passing by the archipelago in high class accoms would be a dream, but the boredom might just consume me.

I might take a bus to Manila which I think would be the craziest course to take. On and off barges across a number of major islands and straits and passing by thousands more. I even heard, one service would cut through Boracay – the island paradiso. I’d be passing by Stone county, Romblon. Through the flatlands of the Tagala, passing by the historicism of the landscape and stopping at a station in Cubao. This is my ultimate choice, but sadly, I have parents who are very picky.

What to do? I’ll be buying tickets soon… so, I have to make up my mind.

Wanderlust can

be a bitch.

A fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment