Saturday, August 13, 2011

Revisiting the Boy: Mario Maurer

Some four years ago, I fell in love. He was beautiful. I have this type, you see. I like music, bandy guys. I also prefer guys with brown skin, black hair… you know, your typical Filipino boy. And this guy I fell for was just that. But he was in the closet at that time, right. So I was really in the pits. I was 16 so you can imagine how hormonal I was and thusly, how deep into this crush I was.

I’ve heard it said, that being different, in this case gay, would be easier if you had a sort of mentor – a “kuya” or an “ate” (older brother or sister). And so I did. I talked to this gay guy I met at one of the school clubs. I told him my piece – how I’m so in love but I don’t know how to act on it cause of the whole “in the closet thing”. It was more or less a two hour long monologue with which he replied to me with this knowing, satisfied grin. His only response besides his annoying facial expression was the title of this movie he supposedly loves and which supposedly very much applied to my situation – “The Love of Siam”, which starred two very cute thai teenage boys who played a brooding yet closeted couple. The actors, Witwisit and Mario Maurer.

Yes, that was when I first encountered the german-thai beauty of Mario Maurer. Way before he became mainstream, before he became this sex symbol even in the Philippines – I had made him my scapegoat. Even though I was supposed to use the movie as this trove of life lessons, I accidentally fell in love with Mario and had made him a diversion from my real life obsession with my crush. As funny as it may sound, yes, I used Mario. And regardless of how kinky it might sound, it ain’t that way – swear.

Now, I’m quite over him. But then, I did make this post. Right?

Anyways, I went through my photo stock the other day, and basically I saw his face again, those eyes, those perfect teeth and fell in love again.

So in an attempt to muster up the same emotions, the same rekindling to those of you who read my blog here are some pictures of the awesomeness of Mario Maurer.

 

 

(all pictures are from the web and their HYPERLINK identities are on the picture itself… click to proceed to mother site… I DO NOT OWN THE PICTURES)

No comments:

Post a Comment